OVULATION TESTS????

What do y'all think of ovulation tests? and how well do they really work? and what's the trick? We've been trying to concieve for almost a year now... willing to try ANYTHING.... ANY TIPS?! ANYTHING... please!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• They work but they get spendy to buy month after month. Plus if you believe in the shettles method you'd be more likely to conceive a boy since you have sex the day you ovulate.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• "Try" every other day from days 7-14 of your cycle and avoid using any lube. Even saliva.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• What is the shettles method? I don't want ANY girls (lol i'd still be happy though) and what tips do u have for getting pregnant?
    Anonymous

• Shettles method is based on the theory that male sperm are faster but die sooner and female sperm are slower but last longer. therefor you'd be most likely to conceive a boy as close to ovulation as possible. Start a prenatal vitamin now for a fertility boost good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:10 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• There's some scientific proof that eating oysters can boost fertility.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I am actually taking the viatamins... do they REALLY help u concieve or do they just help get nutrients in you the baby needs?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes! The folic acid boosts your chances!! I've also heard the man isn't supposed to wear briefs...boxers instead. And honestly stress does affect your ability to conceive. I know it's hard but try to think about it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• He goes comando most of the time. But he's an MP (military police) so when he works... i bought him boxers and threw away his breifs without his permission lol. He actually likes em better anyway
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I've been taking prenatals since we started trying in July and so far we have not gotten pregnant and all my tests have been normal. I have irregular periods but started using opks at the beginning of this month and so far nothing on day 7 of 20 pack. So if you find any tricks or tips let me know. Lol. GL hon. Baby dust!
    Bamzakarat

Answer by Bamzakarat at 4:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2010