Signs of a Miscarriage?

Can anyone tell me what are the signs that you are possibly going through this. When I found out that I was pregnant I was having my period. The blood has been flowing for 3 weeks now and that is how long I have supposedly been pregnant. Today after my husband and I had sex, I used the restroom and a thick blood clot showed up. I am really worried. This is my first pregnancy and I have no clue what is normal and what is not. I have been having cramps but they only last one day at a time. They are also about a week apart.

Spiritamomulus

Asked by Spiritamomulus at 3:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• bad cramping, heavy blood flow filled with dark clots....you said you had clots so it sounds like you did miscarry...i'm very sorry for your loss
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It sounds like it's probably a miscarriage. I have had 3 though and with all of them the pain got very severe within a few days of the bleedings onset so maybe not. I would go in and they will do a vaginal ultrasound and check for the heartbeat. I really hope it's not. I'm sorry you have to go through this!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:25 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Have you had a dr look at you? They should do an ultra sound.

http://www.pregnancyloss.info/possible_signs.htm

Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:26 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i had very weird symptoms..... i know people may tell me and the doctors told me too that none of this had anything to do with it but i am POSATIVE it did. my gums swoll up badly and i couldnt swallow! my throat hurst so bad and had some sort of blood clot on my tonsil! the dr said!nand the dr told me it was just tonsilitus but nothing helped it, he said he had no idea why my gums selled up/ then i started bleeding, and they did an ultrasound said they found a gestational sack but no hb and the baby looked 5 weeks, i should have been 8 weeks.... they checked my cervix and it was slightly open, the next day i had some clots.... i never had cramping. i went back in and they didnt find anything on the u/s this time and my hcg blood levels were back to negative..., and my throat and gums went down like instantly! ..... goodluck!
    joycegina

Answer by joycegina at 9:26 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• well first off if you are bleeding at all during a pregnancy ou should NEVER have sex!! When I first showed signs of MC that's what they told me because with it being your first pregnancy you may not know of problems you have that could make you high risk yet! but passing a clot during pregnancy is never a good sign, If I had to take a guess i'd say that you miscarried and that you should see a dr right away. not getting checked out could lead to fertility problems later on and if you did miscarry you can always try again and have perfectly normal pregnancies as long as you make sure things are taken care of properly.
    AshleyG.

Answer by AshleyG. at 10:50 AM on Apr. 8, 2010