i'm carrying a soccer player who won't let me sleep

i'm 6 months pregnant with a little girl who is a very strong kicker. heres the thing, she only kicks when i'm trying to sleep. i love feeling her kick but she kicks hard and i need some sleep, she won't kick during the day when i'm awake. is there anything i can do to put her to sleep at night so i can sleep? maybe change her sleep patterns so she's awake during the day and sleeps at night? anything i could eat or drink? something?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:00 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Oh I had one of those lol, the movement of you walking around and moving during the day helps them sleep and settle down so at night when you stop moving its play time!, try changing position or get up and walk for a few minutes to see if baby settles down. Stay away from sugar and caffeine or sweet foods at night (3-4 hours before bed) because that will keep baby awake.
    3_ring_circus_

Answer by 3_ring_circus_ at 4:26 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i am carrying one now like that...this one is very active in the day too! i wonder if those active in the womb are also very active outside the womb.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:18 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Most babies are more active in utero at night. Fortunately, it has little to do with how active they are once they are born. I'm 26 weeks pregnant with a very active little girl right now - this is my 5th and I've yet to find anything that will keep them from moving around at night.

Answer by missanc at 8:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2010