Teething

What do you do/did you do when your baby was teething to help relieve the pain or to make them a little more comfortable. . . I have had people tell me to put tequila or whatever on the babies gums. I have not and will not do that i think that is insane. Did you ever do that or know someone that did it. NO BASHING PLS!

ilybaby8609

Asked by ilybaby8609 at 4:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• PLease don't do tequila...most adults can't handle it let alone an infant. One thing that has helped is teething tablets. Safe and can't overdose. I gave my son 3 at a time a few times a day. They worked for all of my friends too. Grocery Stores carry them as well.
    Fallon_Long

Answer by Fallon_Long at 5:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes, they do work. If it wasnt for the tablets i would go crazy. . . I just dont understand how people can rub some type of alcohol on there babies gums. I had a family friend stick her finger in her wine and rub it on my sons gums, and OMG! i was HEATED. Of course I told her not to be doing that in a nice way considering we were at dinner otherwise i would have really told her off. They think just cause they are drinking it that it will not harm them but it has to have some type of affect on them. UGH! Just thinking about it makes me mad. Darn Lady!
    ilybaby8609

Answer by ilybaby8609 at 5:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Someone told me that frozen waffles help.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 9:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I gave them childrens Motrin as an anti-inflamitory and gave tem a cold clean wash clothe to suck/chew on. We did just fine, and no booze involved.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2010