Content in crib.

Anyone know a way to get a kid to stay content in their crib? My DD cries/screams any time I try to put her in it. She's started the stranger anxiety and separation anxiety all at once, and it's driving me insane. She didn't used to scream when i put her in it, I'd put her to sleep and then lay her down, now she wakes up if not instantly .. a half hour to an hour later screaming. Please help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:32 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I'm with DH. Nurse her to sleep if that is what she needs right now!
    "Okay, so I've been putting her to sleep like this her whole life. She's now nearly one and when I try to put her in her crib tired, but not asleep, she screams" This is a perfect example of how you can't form "habits" with infants. If you had been sleeping with baby in your bed up until now everyone would "blame" that on your child difficulties now.
    Hang in there!
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:09 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• You need to just ride with it for now she is going thur a stage keep putting her in the crib sleepy but awake and she will stop the screaming once she has see that she is fine and she can put herself back to sleep. It will not happen over night but she will come around. Your doing the best you can so just always remember that no momma wants to listen to there child cry. GL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• So you let her fall asleep in your arms then you lay her down? If that is what you are doing. That is the problem right there. Let her get tired, bit not fall asleep. Then just lay her down.

Answer by louise2 at 5:46 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Okay, so I've been putting her to sleep like this her whole life. She's now nearly one and when I try to put her in her crib tired, but not asleep, she screams.... Do I just let her scream? I know she'll eventually get tired and ware herself out, but isn't that a bit cruel? And how long will it take her to fall asleep if I do that? Do I stay in the room and rub her back as she cries?
    I really have no clue how this works, and if it were up to my DH he'd just have me nurse her to sleep so that he doesn't have to hear all the crying...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2010