PLEASE ANSWER TO THE GRINDING QUESTION!

I have no clue what to do about my 10 months old grinding his baby teeth....is this normal?

Fallon_Long

Asked by Fallon_Long at 5:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Omg, my DD did this when she hit 10 months too... I just told her to stop.. in a very stern voice (as this noise drives me insane) and luckily, she's 11 months old now.. and doesn't do it anymore... guess she either forgot about it, or listened to me :P
    Pocketmouse

Answer by Pocketmouse at 5:27 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My 9 month old g'daughter just started that also... I can't stand it... I tell her to stop or no-no, she will a bit then she will do it again...I don't want her to get in the habit... So, I just keep telling her "No No" that hurts your teeth in a kind of stern voice...She underastands what No No means and she stops...
    mimilinda

Answer by mimilinda at 7:07 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i had one son that did this. i told him to stop, and i would even put my fingers in his mouth to stop him and say no. he out grew it after about two months i think.
    happy2bmom25

Answer by happy2bmom25 at 7:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• TALK TO A DENTIST seriously. if this is a big concern for you then talk to your dentist about getting mouth guards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• As soon a my DS ha teeth on top and on bottom he did this(7 months) She is feeling er teeth. It's completely normal. He's 10 months now and still does it occasionally but not nearly as much as he did before. When he does do it I squish his cheeks together gently to pull his teeth apart and tell him no. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My 9 month old was doing this last week. I think it is pretty common exploration and not a concern. If it continues for several months, then it may be a problem. My guess is that it will go away on its own. Just bring it up and your next regularly scheduled check up if it is still a concern then.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My pediatrician says it's very normal, not harmful and just a phase. My DD stopped on her own.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It'll stop on its own. Having teeth is a new experience. Your baby will stop once it's used to them.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 1:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2010