What kind of musical nightlight or mobile do you use?

We have a mobile now for our son's room, it's great and it shows starts and moons on the ceiling while playing music. Our son is soon to be 2, and we are expecting our second child in 6 weeks...so we need a new mobile and something for him. He loves the music, but I was thinking about something that's not a mobile for him like a night light that plays music...any suggestions?
Thanks a lot!

Julians_Momma

Asked by Julians_Momma at 7:23 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We recently got my 16 month old one of those My Pal Scout Puppies (by Leapfrog?) that has the dsl cable you hook up to the computer and you can program your kids name, favorite food, color, songs, etc. into the puppy. It's really neat and one feature of it is that if you press his right foot you can choose for him to play 2, 5, or 10 minutes of "sleepytime" music. We can't put it in my son's bed with him or he will keep pushing other buttons to continue playing, but we set it on top of his dresser and push the button for 10 minutes of music to help him sleep. It's really a cool toy!

Answer by missanc at 8:26 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• We have one that projects onto the ceiling and my 2 year old loves it. It plays music and makes nature sounds. You can choose lights, music, or both which I like because I can turn the music off and play a CD. It's Fisher Price and shaped like a star. I got it at Walmart.

maxswolfsuit

Answer by maxswolfsuit at 9:02 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My kid's had the Rainforest Soother since birth and I don't see him going without it anytime soon (he's 2). Some smart-alec gave me a Zen Relaxation CD for a gift (the intimation was that I need to relax), so I put a CD-playing alarm clock in my kid's room and we put that on at night. He seems to dig it. It's non-offensive new-agey stuff. It's also great at covering up the sounds of the rest of the house during his sleeping times.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 1:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I have a Baby Einstein turtle that lights up and plays music. It hangs on the side of the crib and she can push the seashells to change the song or light color. My daughter loves it.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 2:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010