Wetting the bed through diaper/pull-up!!!!????

My 3yr old boy wears a diaper or pull-up to bed. And yet every night, he ends up in a wet bed!!!! We've even made sure he goes to the restroom before he goes to bed at night, and no liquids past a certain time. I've went to the extent of even trying to wake up in the middle of the night to change his pull-up/diaper if he's went potty in it. It still doesn't matter, new diaper or not, he seems to leak through it (and sometimes around it...where the diaper isn't really wet, maybe because of how he is "pointing"..not sure). How can I help my boy stop waking up in wet sheets???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• It sounds like he's not in the right size diaper/pull-up. Either they are too big, or too small...that's the only thing I can possibly think of.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• He wears a 3-4t pull-up and size 4 diaper. He weighs roughly 36lbs.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:20 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I put him in huggies diapers and night-time pull-ups. That's what has worked best for us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Switch the brands.I had to switch to Pampers because the huggies were coming undone in my daughters sleep.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• The diapers stay put really well, and I've noticed the pull-ups get all stretched out sometimes, but even when I've put on a fresh one and the diaper or pull up is still snug, he seems to either pee alot or just seems to be pointing in the right direction to pee out the sides. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My just turned 4 y/o still wears a Pull Up at night. The ONLY thing that keeps her from leaking is the Night Time Pull Ups! Definitely worth the money! And my almost 2 y/o son wears the Night Time diapers either by Huggies or Pampers! Often times you can get $2 off coupons for the Night Time Pull Ups!
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 12:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Ok, so this may sound weird but flip the pull-up around. If your son is sleeping on his back, the pee will pool up on his butt and slip out the top of it. The front of pull-up seem to be more absorbent. We had to do this with our daughter and it was the only way we could keep her from soaking her bed at night.
    things_not_sane

Answer by things_not_sane at 4:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My son's the same age and roughly the same size. We have the same problem. Overnight pullups or Huggies Overnight diapers have worked best for us but we still get some wet nights. It doesn't bother him so I just deal with the extra laundry.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 5:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I too think the diaper is too small. Try overnight Huggies size 5. My daughter was last in 5s and she still doesn't weigh more than 30 lbs. I can't remember at what weight we switched -- and she's even skinny-bottomed for her weight, since she's really, really tall. I would definitely try a bigger size.
    EmilySusan

Answer by EmilySusan at 8:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010