Anyone have a good recipe for a diabetic main dish?

I have a friend coming to visit and will be here overnight and my friend is diabetic. Does anyone have any recommendations or warnings to stay away from certain foods?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:36 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Proteins and veggies are the safest things. No pasta, potatoes, or rice.

Check out some of the fish recipes: http://daniellecooks.wordpress.com/

ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 9:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• you can cook just about anything for someone who's diabetic. my stepdad was, and our meals never changed...except for desserts...just watch the portions..you can probably look up diabetic recipes online if you want to be extra careful..good luck
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 10:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Eggplant parmiagana (sp?) made with homemade spaghetti sauce with no sugar, tossed salad. Roasted chicken or ham with sweet potatoes or glazed carrots, steamed broccoli/cauliflower mix. Roast beef with roasted veggies, tossed salad. Your diabetic friend should know what she can and cannot eat; just be sure to offer a good variety and keep the starches to a minimum. For dessert, a sugar free jello topped with a bit of Cool Whip would suffice. I often make a crustless ham & spinach quiche for breakfast that is perfect for a diabetic, and I serve it with muffins for the rest of the family.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2010