What would you do if your daughter or daughter in law didnt breastfeed?

i have always wondered what the super breastfeeding mothers would do.Would you disown them?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• I would hope not, it's a personal choice and nobody's business!
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• No! It's not for everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• That would be horrible. It is a personal choice, and not everyone can breastfeed, so that would just be wrong.
    nicolemstacy

Answer by nicolemstacy at 10:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My SIL was a breastfeeding finatic and she says she would try to nurse her grandbabies. her boys are still young but she says if her daughter in laws dint breastffeed she would freak and try to get her milk going...I hope she was kidding but I really dont know with her. She is a control freak so i wouldnt put it past her! I nursed too and think it is great but i do believe in personal choice!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• All you can do is tell them how important it is to a baby and that there is a bond that cant be formed any other way. But Its their choice and you have to respect it. Some cant do it and come are like my SIL, she couldnt breastfeed because she has overly sensitive nipples and it was worse than child birth she said. You just have to try and guide them in the right direction and live with whatever choice they make.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Absolutely nothing, it is a personal choice.

Answer by older at 10:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I would be grateful that I can take the time to bond with my grand baby while feeding her. And don't say, you an bottle feed breast milk, because you know that the breast feeders are way too scared of nipple confusion. Strange how given a choice the baby might chose a bottle instead of mom.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:22 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• MMOB. I would like to see my grandchildren. Now if she asked my opinion I would be kind while giving it.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 10:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Not a thing!! I breastfed mine and I fully support and encourage breastfeeding but I certainly don't attack or bash someone if they choose not to breastfeed. It's none of my business. I would hope that my future DIL will choose to breastfeed and I will certainly support her and help her all I can, but if she doesn't, I'm sure I'll love my grandbaby just as much!!
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 10:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Good grief you have too much time on your hands! I easily won over my daughter. Hopefully she won't run into any problems. Hopefully my sons will pick reasonable practical girls who think breastfeeding is wonderful. And if they need help I hope that we would be good enough friends that they would ask me.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Apr. 8, 2010