How can i tell if im loseing fat?

I have been working out and walking and i see a diff in my legs tighter and more muscle but am i losing any fat? How can i tell if im gaining muscle and losing the fat? i am a big girl was260 but am now 240 i keep going down to 235 then back to the 240. I would love to just hit under 200. for now my over all goal is to be 160-175. i have to lose the 65lbs a.s.a.p!!! but i want to do it a healthy way i dont care if it takes me a year or longer i want and need to do this. Any tips or ideas i'd love to hear i also have a wii and use that too and i walk abot 2-4 miles a week for now. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• You can tell by how your clothes fit. And anytime you gain more lean muscle you are burning/loosing fat
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:09 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• By inches lost. Muscle is more compact than fat so even though 2 people may weigh the same, a more muscular person will be smaller and tighter than a fat one.
    Anonymous

• If you are eating less food and making healthy choices, and exercising and losing weight, then just KNOW that you are losing fat! If you are starving yourself and laying around like a slug, you could be losing muscle, but that doesn't sound like what you are doing. If you see more definition and firmness in your legs, that is a wonderful sign and I congratulate you!!!!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 2:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2010