On a scale of 1-10 how important do you think sex is to a marriage? And why?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• Psychologists and Marriage Counselors say if the sex is good in a marriage than its importance is a 1 but if the sex is bad its importance is a 10.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:31 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• for me its probably a 7 or 8 BUT thats because sex is tied into intimacy for me.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:34 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It seems to rank higher for men than women. I think I would have to rate it around a 7.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• To me it is a 10, if the sex part in the marriage does not work, the couples tends to drift apart, intimacy is a must, in order to keep the love alive, and not have it transformed into a brotherly/sister relationship.

Answer by older at 10:45 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• 10
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I would say a 10 as well.
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:53 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I agree, I would rate it a 10 *but by sex I include kissing, cuddling, foreplay, etc everything that is connected to sex*. If you are not intimate with your partner, you really cannot have a good marriage.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Sex is what brings you together in a marriage. You have to keep your marriage alive and healthy. I rate sex in my marriage a 10 if 10 is the best . We both have agreed that we both need it. Besides its has good health benefits and relieves stress!! I am a SAHM and work from my home. But most people who dont have an active sex life their marriage will end up having problems, cheating spouses, divorce etc..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Intimacy is a 9 but sex...2-3. In our marriage the act of intimacy...touching, holding one another, being close, exploring, etc is far more private and fulfilling then just sex.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:08 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• 3,we're friends first. Sex is just a sport for us
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 11:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2010