How do you know when it is time to let a baby self burp?

My son is 11 months old as of yesterday. He does do some self burping on his own, but we are still burping after feedings. What are some of the obvious signs of when a baby is done with being burped and can self burp on his own?

momtoblake

Asked by momtoblake at 10:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I asked my mom this, and she said you never stop burping! But I stopped when my DD started burping when I sat her up after she ate at around 8 months.
    Pocketmouse

Answer by Pocketmouse at 11:17 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I stopped burping them at around 3 months I think. Definitely by the time they can sit up! You can for sure stop now!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yeah...at this point the child has some control over stopping and starting the feeding, etc. I don't think you have to burp a child that age!
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 2:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010