how do i get my 4 year old to sleep in her room and bed?

I made the terrible mistake of bringing our daughter into our bed when she was sick when she was about a year old. Now 3 years later she is not interested in sleeping in her room or bed. She will get in it for a little while, sometimes even falls asleep there but within 2 hours she's running in my room. She says she's scared. (Her brother who's two sleeps in his crib in her room and doesn't have sleep issues) I've tried taking her back, reassuring her, bribing her with toys, outings and even scoulding her. Any suggestions on how it may have worked for you? I really need my alone time with hubby and she needs to become less dependant.

maggster05

Asked by maggster05 at 10:35 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Try getting her new bedding. Princesses or something she loves. Make a huge deal out of it.
    Good luck!!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I know this will get some bad feedback, but how about a TV in there?
    Anonymous

• I wouldn't do the tv thing. When my daughter was this age and her imagination started ramping up, I gave her a spray bottle filled with water and told her it was "monster spray" that was magic and would make the monsters disappear. So whenever she was feeling scared, she could just spray it and whatever was scaring her would disappear. It worked!

Answer by missanc at 6:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2010