HEALTH INSURANCE HELP!

My husband has Aetna POS insurance, through his work. It's basically pointless for a family like ours. I have health problems, and Aetna doesn't cover any specialists. Also, the only pediatricians it covers in our area are overbooked and impersonal. We're looking for something new that would fit our situation a little better. Preferably under $600 a month, but that's not a fixed number.
More info-
We live in GA. Both my husband and I are non smokers. Our girls are 1 and 4. Husband and younger daughter are very healthy. Older daughter has a weak immune system, so she sees the pediatrician a lot. I have several pre existing conditions.
I know this is a lot of random info. I'm researching online right now, but thought it couldn't hurt to get some mama opinions.

mama_moonsong

Asked by mama_moonsong at 10:43 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Health

• try e-insurance for tons of info about various plans in your area....and you can even compare them! I have never heard of insurance that didn't cover specialists, or pre-existing conditions if you have been continually insured. Maybe it varies from state to state....
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 2:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My hubby is military so I don't have a normal health insurance but have you tried blue cross at all.
    tanya_marieh

Answer by tanya_marieh at 10:49 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I had an employer plan with Aetna-- the POS plan. In Georgia. It covered my pre-existing conditions and specialists. It even covered sleep apnea studies and neurology. Call and talk with someone. It's fairly decent insurance.

Now I have Blue Cross EPO. We live in GA but it's out of FL-- my Dh's company is based in FL.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:40 AM on Apr. 8, 2010