Painful contractions at 28 weeks

This is my 3rd pregnancy and I am having twins. I have been having painless Braxton Hicks contractions since about 16 weeks but today I have had a few contractions that actually hurt. BUT... they are very sporadic ... nothing I could time. So do you think I should be worried? I mean... they are not REGULAR by any means but it still kind of worries me that they actually HURT. Basically, what I want to know is if it's a "warning sign" to have painful contractions at this stage... even if they're not regular....? Have any of you ever had painful contractions so early?

I know I should just call my doctor but I am tired of bothering them all the time with stupid questions. LoL. So I thought I would come here and get your opinions first!

JenMarie2007

Asked by JenMarie2007 at 10:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Lay on your right side for a few hours. MY BEST ADVICE IS TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL.... i GAVE BIRTH TO MY SON AT 29 WEEKS I HAD THE SAME ISSUE YOU NEED TO GO GET IT CHECKED OUT IMMEDATLY
    downnoutmom

Answer by downnoutmom at 10:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I think you need to call your doctor. Don't worry about "bothering" them, this is their job.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i would call your doctor!m ob said with multiples when you get nearer to 30 weeks signs of early labor could begin. she said if anything doesnt "feel right" to give her a call, not to worry about it being false labor.better safe than sorry ya know? i hope its not the beginning of labor for you. im hoping to hold my twins in until at least 36 weeks ***fingers crossed****:) let me know how you're doing!
    mywonderyears

Answer by mywonderyears at 12:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2010