How can I get my daughter to listen to my side of the story?

What do you do when your DD (age 30+) has cut off all communication because of lies her father (my ex 28 yrs) has recently told her? She has just recently moved back to the same area he lives in. My heart is broken!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:12 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• just keep trying!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:14 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• write her a letter.
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 11:15 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I have a son like that. You have to rely on her knowing the real you and knowing that what he said was lies. This is her issue. Let her work it out.

Answer by admckenzie at 11:24 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• There's nothing you really CAN do. She's gonna have to figure things out on her own. The more you push for contact, the more she'll push you away.
    Aslen

Answer by Aslen at 11:39 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Aslen - I'm afraid your right.... but it hurts so much. I really miss her! She may be 30 but she's still my light.... There is such a hole in my heart!
    Admckenzie - I thought she knew the real me. That's why I can't believe she believed him!
    bumblebeestingsu - I emailed. ... no reply ;o(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Don't place her in the middle of what happen with you ex and you. Let her go. She'll see the light one day.
    Anonymous

• Put it in the hands of god I know your heart is hurting i have been through this i did not talk negative to my daughters about their father they ran to him when they got of age, All the wrongs or rights of your ex she'll have to find out for her self yes it's going to hurt to let go but know in your heart and believe she will learn the truth and she will be back remember there are two people our children will call apound when in need 1) JUSES - 2) MOMMY there's only a few reason they will run to their daddy's 1) to have someone on their said when they are wrong. 2) support, money when we as mothers put our foot down in tell them to grow up. 3) to make him feel worthless for not being there. My three older daughter does me that way all the time and now they have children of their own they use them against me now. we all have made mistakes in our lifes but we can't keep living then through our children trust it's herd.
    channellove

Answer by channellove at 6:09 AM on Apr. 9, 2010