Schools paying kids for good grades??

I'm watching the veiw and they're talking about the schools paying kids for good grades. As a teacher I can see how it would work in theory....but what about the kids who try very hard and still have problems, kids with learning disabilties, or kids who receive no help at home?? And then there are the kids that everything comes easy to them. So I guess my concern is that it doesn't seem fair that kids who may try really, really hard may not be rewarded while kids who put in no effort are....what do you think??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• oh great even more pressure on kids as if they don't have enough now.

oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 11:44 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Oh bother, "Fair" Life isn't fair. That being said. It's stupid to pay kids for grades. Their reward is supposed to be the good grade. Sheesh!
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 11:57 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I think it's great. When I was in school in Texas, they had sigel dollars. You got them for being good in class and listening, eating all of your food at lunch and stuff like that. Every month you went into an office where there was pincils and folders, everything you'd need for school. That is what the sigel dollars bought. I don't think that they are just going to reward the A students. I think as long as the child tries and listens in class...they will be rewarded to. Maybe it with be real money...maybe it will be like my sigel dollars. Either way it is a good thing. Kids don't care anymore about good grades...and some come from families that don't care if they drop out. Two of my husbands brothers were held back 2 years...then they droped out cause all thier friends were graduating, but they were still in 9th and 10th grade. Thier parents didn't care. Maybe if the school rewarded them, they would have stayed.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2010