read any good books lately??

I'm going to the library today and looking for a good book to pick up-any ideas??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• yes right now im reading a book called Forever by Jude Deveraux
    gfam6

Answer by gfam6 at 11:59 AM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Currently reading "Nineteen Minutes" Jodi Picoult

Very good
    clhadley

Answer by clhadley at 12:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Dream House by Valarie Laken, just finished it and it was pretty good...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• oohhh...i love The Hunger Games series. Fantastic book set in the not so distant future. synopsis is had to explain but i suggest you type the title into a search engine and go to the autors website. it is rated for 6-8 grades but dont let that stop you, its fantastic!
    JustCallMeGidge

Answer by JustCallMeGidge at 12:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• "Buddha Mom", by Jacqueline Kramer is a great read for any mother (Buddhist or not; it even quotes famous rabbis and people like Mother Teresa). It is a non-fiction piece; sort of her own autobiography of being a mother, wife, and woman. It really gave me a fresh and enlightened view on womanhood, family, and motherhood.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 12:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I love Jodi Picoult books!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• A lady in another post, Aly, just commented that the movie My Sister's Keeper was actually based on a book by Jodi Picoult with the same title. I really want to read it.

My favorite book tho is called I Love You Like a Tomato, I can't remember who the author was, but its beautiful.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 12:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I too love Jodi Picoult books. I think my favorites are Second Glance and Vanishing Acts. I did just finish Handle with Care by the same author and its alright. Not as good as the two I mentioned before. I have pretty much read all of her books though.
    jenellemarie

Answer by jenellemarie at 12:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Ooh, and The Maze Runner by James Dashner, its in the teen section, but its a great book. ALSO, the series that The Golden Compass movie came from, called His Dark Materials, and The Ember Series by Jeanne DuPrau. All of them are so good! Hmm, now I want to go to the library, lol.
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 12:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• A Thousand Splendid Suns. So moving.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 12:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010