Can you breast feed while pregnant?

just curious can you still breast feed while pregnant? me & my so have been trying to figure this one out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes.
    Emberbaby

Answer by Emberbaby at 12:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes! Check out the info at Breastfeeding During Pregnancy

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Sometimes. Occasionally your milk will dry up if you become pregnant, and my OB recommended I quit when I became pregnant because I was severely anemic and moms need to make sure they take good enough care of themselves so they can take of both babies.

Answer by missanc at 12:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I did for the first few months but then everything went in reverse and had to stop...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes, of course. How else would women throughout time have fed their babies when they had them back to back. I BF my first baby until just 6 weeks before delivering my 2nd.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 12:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• NOt only can you breastfeed while pregnant, but, you can tandem nurse once baby is here as well. Hard, but, can be done.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes, I've done it twice. However, sometimes women will lose their milk supply during pregnancy so in that case if the baby is under a year old you may need to supplement w/ formula. I lost my milk with my fourth pregnancy, but my baby was almost two so I didn't need to worry about it.
    sarahmae3

Answer by sarahmae3 at 4:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It depends. If your pregnancy is high risk, it can be dangerous. Otherwise, it's fine. Yes, sometimes the milk can slow or dry due to pregnancy, and sometimes the taste changes. Kids will either nurse through the changes, or wean because of them. And yes, you can nurse your older one and newborn at the same time if you desire.
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 5:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010