How long does it take to find an apartment?

Just curious... I am still searching, it seems difficult..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Depends on how much you can spend on rent, where you are looking, what you are looking for ammenity wise,etc. if i really needed to find an apartment, i could do it today. i would need help getting the money together, but i could get one today.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 12:13 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I agree with aly. I could find 10 places to live right this very minute, but doesn't mean I'd like them. My boyfriend and I are currently looking for a place, but we're picky. We have a list of requirements that we need to have in a place, like # of bedrooms (we have 2 kids), he needs a workshop space so we need a garage or building, things like that.

If you really feel like you're having a hard time, why not look at your list of "must haves" and see if there's anything you can cut. Maybe you want a place with a pool, and you can find a perfect apartment, but there's no pool. Maybe cut the pool, and you'll have more luck. Things like that.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:17 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Price is decent, area must be nice, with good schools. That is really the only thing that is important to me. Amenities, I can work with, nothing imparticular.
    Anonymous

• when i first moved out 6 years ago, we moved into the place my sister lived in, it took us no time at all.
    when we moved 2 years ago, it took us a little while to find a place that had apartments available and that took dogs.
    we were just looking into moving again and found a place, put in an application, its been a month and we haven't heard anything back. we have decided just to stay here for another year. we love the school system here anyways!
    i would say on average it took us about a month or so of actively looking to find a place that we liked!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• well it depends if your no moving around looking or asking it'll take forever..you should go online looks or ask friends and family if they know of anything. I found my apartment by getting in a car and just driving around a place where you'll like to live it, i moved into my house in less then one mouth from the time i started looking.. goodluck
    yamil519

Answer by yamil519 at 12:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It depends on a great many factors. Your income. Your requirements for your new home. The time of year. The economy. The cost of living. Sometimes you get lucky and find one quickly. Some people aren't picky at all and can find one quickly. Sometimes you have your heart set on a place and have to sit on a waiting list.
    Anonymous