Ever realize a moment too late that you worded something wrong?

I recently posted a question here asking moms what time they wake up. I said that I wake up at 04:30 to take my husband on post for PT. I then wrote that I do not bother going back to sleep when I get home, because my toddler wakes up at 07:00. It did not occur to me to mention that my (adult) brother lives with us and stays home with her while I take my husband to work. I was mortified when a few concerned moms posted, assuming that I left my daughter alone because I said she woke up later than I did! I felt so bad for seeming like such a horrible mother!

Have you ever omitted a detail, or just worded something wrong....and had that little mistake make your words sound really bad?

KarmicChild

Asked by KarmicChild at 12:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• i have done it before! it sucks! i end up deleting the question or post and starting a new one later! lol
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Sometimes,The people annalyz the question to much.

Your question was what time you wake up? and that is what they should have answered. Some people are nosy lol, just kidding. or sincerely concerned about the baby.

That is what moms do? Have a good day.

KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Just delete the post and move on.... We will all forget about it in a couple hours.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes, all the time. I read your post, the wording stood out for a moment, but then I just moved on and assumed that there was more there than you had bothered to type. I think a lot of those people were just assuming the worst. For every person who read that and thought "SHE'S LEAVING THAT CHILD ALONE!!" there are probably at least an equal number who would say "She just didn't give all the information is all." You shouldn't have to tell your whole life story just to ask a question! LOL!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yep! When I was in my teens I asked a male friend of mine if he would let by ride on the pegs if his bike, but it came out, "will you ride me on your bike?" Lol

Another time (in my teens again) my aunt got me a part-time job at the Chamber of Commerce where she worked answering phones and filing things, on day the mayor called to talk to my aunt about some city event, and before I transferred the call, I politely asked him if I could hold him for just a second, lol. I never tranferred a call so fast in my life! Lol when my aunt picked up, it was a good while before he stopped laughing to tell her what happened. He was a good sport about it :)
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 12:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• *one, my bad lol
    charliebean

Answer by charliebean at 12:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• don't worry. You could say everything right and still get reamed, because some women are just pain argumenative. I've seen people get bashed for the dumbest stuff!
    WomanOfGod7

Answer by WomanOfGod7 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Unfortunately, the issue with that post was nothing compared to my usual slip-ups! LOL

I think my mouth is as clumsy as my feet sometimes. Usually though, my problem seems to be that I often mis-hear (don't know if that is a word, but it is now) what people say, and end up thouroughly embarassed when I respond to what I thought I heard.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 12:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I agree with beckcorc....I also read your question and thought about that, than figured you probably assumed that we would know you had a sitter and went on with my life......we all do stuff like that depending on whats going on in our life we can't think of every detail and you don't have to explain yourself , but don't blame you for doing so on this one.

zbee

Answer by zbee at 12:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I dont know what BUT i didnt even think twice about it when I saw PT.Many women have friends that come stay with children in the mornings to help out.Its just the military way.So i just assumed thats what you meant.
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2010