IF you loved someone from another country and everything smart says to move there

What would you do... Right now i live with my mom so i have no bills no debt nothing...
I fell in love with someone in the UK. and we have talked... he is fine with moving here but he rather me move there. WHY cause he is in college and has a job already.. and a place to stay.. we would have everything but cloths and toys (which we would be saving up money before we move to buy it all new when we got there)... I say it is smart to move over there.. but i'm scared to live in a city... he is fine with living in a smaller town but with his job he would need to stay close to the city... I am a born country girl i've grown up on a farm... i'm use to being able to run bare footed around town and knowing everyone.
Would you go? i love this man and i want to be with him but i'm scared to leave all i know behind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• My suggestion is you go for a lengthy visit first to get the feel of the place. It is very different from the rural US. but it has its own charm -and peculiarities - also the language is much the same so is the legal system and the way of life is not completely different. I am Canadian and I felt quite at home there . The big advantage is having the same language which you will not have in many other countries.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Have you met him? Or is this an internet relationship?
    Anonymous

• Nope, he should move down here, there are schools down here.

If you didn't meet him, I definitly would not. I would not either way.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Do what you feel is right. I would say no if it was india or mexico or something like that, cause woman are treated way different in places like that. But you would be okay there. And after hes out of school, he might be able to get a job here in the states. If you don't like it there, you can always come back. I'm sure it would be fine.
    GotToHaveFaith

Answer by GotToHaveFaith at 12:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Since he lives in another country, how much time have you actually spent with him? I'd make sure you really want this before I moved anywhere, especially another country. I wouldn't even move to Connecticut for my husband.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I went over a few years back to marry a guy and the entire lifestyle is a lot different than the U.S. I think you should visit before you make a final decision. As far as their cities, it depends on which one. London is expensive so most people live in the outskirts and ride a train in to London. UK has a lot of small town atmosphere areas but if you walk around barefoot they might think you are an odd duck. I'm from KY so am used to being barefoot too but didn't find anyone over there in England or Scotland who was barefoot. Remember too that it doesn't get hot over there like it does here so the ground stays cool and moist since there is a lot of rain in that region.
    Anonymous

• Oh and it cost per minute to use the phone and the internet not to mention they use 220 electricity which costs a lot more. a lot of people don't own cars so they ride buses and trains. I thought england was drab and dirty but Scotland was lovely. It's hard to understand them (accents) and once they find out you are a "Yank" they aren't that welcoming in some areas. Like I said, visit first. Everything works out well in your imagination but reality can be another story.
    Anonymous

• Hey I would move into my own place out there by the way London rocks!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:19 PM on Apr. 8, 2010