Worried Momma!!

I am worried about my son..he is almost 10 months old and still hasnt crawled..he can pull himself up onto things and can stand holding on..but everyone i know there kids are crawling already..and some on them are only like 7 months old...i am really worried that he is gonna be behind in development..i really dont know what to do..Can somebody please give me some advice before i go insane???...I just dont want him to be behind..he is an amazing little boy!!!

JoshysMomma19

Asked by JoshysMomma19 at 12:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No way don't worry, and don't rush it.

My son, was a crawler at a late age and a walker around 1. He is now it Kindergarten, and excellent student, he has wrestled, played t-ball, he is so healthy, and doing well.

My daughter was 9 months walking, to each child it is diffrent.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Crawling iis NOT a milestone. Some kids never crawl. He is pulling up and standing alone indicating he is about to walk, therefore, making him ahead of the other kids, not behind. They crawled, he will walk first.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 12:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• by the way I have 4 and my son crawled late, walked late, and went on the potty later, but now he is like wham. They are momma boys. :) My other are 3 girls.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 12:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My son crawled at 11 months and walked at 17. Children do things at their own pace.
    Anonymous

• My daughter started crawling at 5 months and I was blown away. By 6 months she started pulling herself up and holding onto furniture. In two days she'll be 8 months old and she crawls faster than I walk and is walking along the furniture while holding on. She'll be walking soon if she keeps up at this rate.

My son is 3 and he barely crawled at all. At 7 months old he started pulling himself up on furniture and hobbling around that way. Once he figured out he could do that he refused to crawl unless it was absolutely necessary.
    He was walking by 9 months but hardly crawled at all before that.
    All kids are different and do things at a different pace. Not crawling doesn't mean he'll be behind developmentally. :)

My nephew didn't speak until he was two and a half. My sister had the same worries as you. Now he jabbers away like he knew how to speak the whole time.
    Milestones are set on a general basis, not an individual one.

Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 1:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It sounds like he is doing just fine! I wouldn't worry about the fact that he is not crawling since he is doing all of that other stuff. It is only considered a concern if he is not crawling at 12 months.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 3:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010