Ham and Potato soup?

Does anyone know of a ham and potato soup that is good and doesn't use ingredients one normally doesn't have around the house? I have ham that NEEDS used in a day or two so I thought maybe I could make a soup.

firenicecream

Asked by firenicecream at 12:46 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Peel & dice 6 medium sized potatoes (white or russets). Cover with water at least 1 inch above potatoes in a large pot. Add any amount diced ham and about 1/4 c. sauteed diced onion. Bring to a boil and cook until potatoes are fork tender. Add enough chicken or ham instant boullion to taste. Add about 1/2 -1 c. milk/cream/evaporated milk and serve.

I also add 1 to 2 cups frozen sweet corn kernels.

This soup is great with apple spice muffins.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 1:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• You MUST try this soup.... http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Delicious-Ham-and-Potato-Soup/Detail.aspx

I found it on allrecipes.com and it has over 3500 five star reviews and this recipe deserves them and more.  It is TO DIE for.

gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I use the recipe posted above, actually made it for dinner tonight lol. I make it about twice a month, my kids love it and you can always add more and different items to it and it still works! It takes me less then 45 minutes to cut everything up (i do big chunks and mush alittle when its done) and get it completely cooked.
    ajnattysmommy

Answer by ajnattysmommy at 11:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• The recipe from allrecipes.com sounds pretty much just like my "Golden Potato Soup" recipe (it's cheesy potato soup) and it IS awesome. It's easy to make and tastes wonderful. So in light of trying something different, this round, I'm gonna try the 1st recipe. Thanks everyone very much. I'm gonna keep both of these recipes!
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 6:27 PM on Apr. 9, 2010