What would you do?

We have a neighbor who is one of our "friends" he is a laid off - self admitted alcoholic, horrible to his family but civil and polite to us. He has a Dog - a 75 lb black lab that basically LIVES in the house inside a box kennel -the dog can't even stand up tall - well, the last 2 nights this neighbor has kept the dog outside in its kennel.. but he's been barking non stop until 2-3 in the morning when he finally gives up and falls asleep, yesterday my husband mentioned maybe there was something wrong with the dog? if he was sick? the owner said "yeah, you know, I am not sure- I checked and he seemed fine" so last night, again, kept me and my husband up til 3am.. well, my husband talked to him today on the phone and said "hey, I don't know how else to say this but Nitro ( the dog) kept us up til 3am." and the owner sighed really loud out of irritation and said "Let me call you back" how else should we approach this?

maxsmom11807

Asked by maxsmom11807 at 12:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• You did the neighborly thing...tried to keep it civil and all that.

If he wont do anything about it then you have to either deal(which is silly to have to do)or call animal control/cops about it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Call the police or animal control
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 1:05 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Oh, also,. this guy is the neighborhood Gossip and it will kinda ruin things for us with other neighbors because I am sure he'll make it out to us sounding bad....I don't know how because who wouldn't be upset after listening to a barking dog for 3-4 days ?? I mean, are people really THIS inconsiderate of others? I would NEVER let a dog bark all night thinking my neighbors would be ok with that
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• You were nice. Now call animal control.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 4:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Call animal control now and if they don't come immediately call the police at night. There is a noise ordinance in almost all communities.

Answer by admckenzie at 5:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2010