do birthdays matter?

is it just me or is it the older that you get the less your birthday matters. btw todays my 20th birth day.

newmommyjazz

Asked by newmommyjazz at 1:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

My 24th birthday was last week (on April Fool's Day, actually, ugh), and it was one of the first that was not really a big event. I went through my normal routine; even made dinner myself. My mother came over that evening with cake and a card, though. My mother will make us feel special on birthdays no matter HOW old we get!

My husband's 26th birthday is tomorrow. I am making a big to do about it because it is (a) his first birthday we will be spending together, and (b) his first birthday in the US since his 20th! He is in the Army, and all of his deployments have started right before his birthday and ended right after. Instead of just a 2 and a 6 on his cake, I will be putting a 2 on one side and numbers 1-6 on the other.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 1:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Happy Birthday!  Unfortunately, it does seem like your birthday matters less and less as you get older:( I don't agree with that at all! My hubby and son still make a big deal about my birthday, but my family doesn't. I turned 40 this past Summer and my Mom and a girlfriend called but none of my siblings did. It's not celebrated until the next time they see me and then it's just a card handed to me. It stinks! At least when I was working, we'd have a big lunch celebration and my office would get decorated.

Have a great day and I hope that someone will made a big deal out of it for you!!

ZacsMom

Answer by ZacsMom at 1:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Aww thak you so much Zachs mom. everyone only told me happy bday thru text or on facebook. :(
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 1:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yes of course Birthdays matter, It hurts alot when your closest family forgets. My husband bless his heart is finally getting it after 40 years...lol
    vegasgrandmax3

Answer by vegasgrandmax3 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• birthdays in our family wasnt that big of a deal.. I kinda dont like my bday cause its a reminder im 1 yr older & havent done much in that year..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Happy Birthday! Birthdays were always important for my family; my mom would make a cake and serve it on her wedding china. We try to keep birthdays special now that all but one of us has moved out; I almost forgot my birthday this year though because I got so busy lol.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Thank you all ladies. I needed these little pick me ups. :)
    newmommyjazz

Answer by newmommyjazz at 5:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010