If you are pro-life,in what situations do you think an abortion should be allowed to happen?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:20 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I don't think there is really an answer that would fit 100%. I don't agree with abortion. But even if I said only in the case of rape, some women can deal with it, and raise the baby just fine while others can't. Or take the life of the mother argument, just because a doctor says that it could be dangerous, and the mother may not survive, that is not absolute, either. There are many grown men & women walking around, who could have potentially killed their mother by being carried to term and born. So, there is no situation where I can say that it is absolutely, 100% the best thing to do. Each woman is different, and each pregnancy is different. I think that there should be a lot more thinking being done, maybe some counseling before any abortion is done.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:07 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I am 100% pro-life, there are no cases where I think an abortion should be able to happen.
    Anonymous

• If the fetus says it's OK, then go for it.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• rape, no way in hell i will want to carry my rapist child in me for 9 months, it would be a daily reminder on what happen. Alos if there was no way the baby AND the mother would survive if they went full term. What's the point of going full term if neither survives? rare but it happens. I've been rap, i was lucky not to get pregnant but it still haunts me till this day. It was worse when it happen I couldnt function afterwards for a while I couldnt handle knowing I was carrying a monsters baby in me.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 1:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• mommy of two, did you know that 99% of rape victims do not seek an abortion. people say rape is a good reason but it's not the rape victims who want an abortion. i don't think there are any circumstances where cold blooded murder is ok
    Anonymous

• Good answer pnukey.
    Anonymous

• none...i see no difference between an abortion and walking up to someone on the street and just killing them
    aliishott2

Answer by aliishott2 at 1:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Abortion does not make you unpregnant, it just makes you the mother of a dead baby
    Anonymous

• Good one, Pnukey !!

I am very pro-life, but I have a hard time dealing with such a question in a Big Brother way - "should be ALLOWED to happen".

Currently, our abortion laws are geared to prohibit abortion from happening after a child could survive outside the womb. Since medical technology makes this age earlier and earlier, then the weeks when it is legal ought to be adjusted to reflect reality.

And Partial-birth Abortion - where the baby is all the way to the point of being born and then killed within 1/2 inch of being born - has NO justification whatsoever. The argument darling of pro-abortionists, that the mother's health must not be endangered, is bunk in this case. If the mother has brought the baby full term like that, then OBVIOUSLY her health is not endangered by allowing the baby to emerge from the birth canal alive instead of emerging as a child who was killed 30 seconds ago. Sheesh.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 1:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• 1) if someone is raped and cannot handle the emotional damages made because of it, to keep the child.
    2) if someone is the victim of incest.
    3) if it compromises the physical health of the mother. (if "having/keeping" the child after birth is emotionally damaging to an individual, then they can give it up for adoption.)

I'm a firm believer in CHOICE.....not to kill a baby because YOU MADE THE CHOICE TO HAVE SEX FIRST!
    Anonymous