Any reputiable services that work like Netflix, only for books?

I Googled it, but now I don't know if any of them are trust worthy or not.

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 1:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Oooo, let me know when you find one! That would be perfect for me!!!
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 1:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Anonymous

• If you're open to the electronic version of "books on tape" you can try www.audible.com. Sometimes I download them to my iPod so I can listen to them when working out or by connecting my Touch to the car's audio system.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 2:12 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• The library?

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Sunshine, I thought the library too, but they don't deliver. At least ours doesn't.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• lol, I just walked to the library and took out a book after I posted this. They don't have a great selection - plus I like the way Netflix has a que so that if I think of something I'd like to see I can throw it on there. I'm always thinking of books I want to read but then when I get to the library I can never remember them!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 2:59 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Our library isn't huge, but I will read anything. Maybe you should try different books. I used to be real picky about what I read (only nonfiction), but one day I decided to read a romance novel. That lead to crime novels, those lead to mystery novels, those lead to the sci- fi novels, ect. I read at least 4 books a week now. You can resell the ones you buy, and if you donate them it can be a tax deduction. I also trade with my mom and some friends. Try Amazon. You can make a 'wish list' and buy used books for cheap. Then resell them when you are done.

sunshine06

Answer by sunshine06 at 6:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I like Paperback Swap... You get 2 credits when you sign up, and each book you request costs 1 credit (except audio books, they are 2 credits). When you get the book, you go on the website & confirm that you have received the book, and the person who sent it to you gets a credit. You list whatever books you want to swap on your bookshelf so you can get more credits when people request from you. If you want a book is that is unavailable, you put it on your wishlist, then turn on auto-request. Then when the book becomes available, the system automatically sends a request to the person who listed it, so you don't have to monitor it all the time.
    The books are yours to keep (or swap, or whatever). You don't have to send them back, but you won't get yours back either. It's free, other than postage when you send a book (USPS media mail = $2.38).
    They also run Swap A CD & Swap a DVD on the same basic idea, but those aren't free.
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 5:16 AM on Apr. 9, 2010