Measuring

so during our anatomy ultrasound (IT"S A GIRL) we were told that we are measuring about a week behind schedule, I am a little worried becasue with my DS he was always right on the money and even bigger towards the end. I was thinking it was just a small baby but then I started wondering, does this mean that she is develpmentally behind too? I was so happy about it being a girl I didn't really think about this subject untill a couple hours after the app. Any insight to what you know would be helpful.

They got my due date from our first ultrasound and I am POSITIVE about my last visit from AF.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• It could be that the measurement is off. Those things are never 100% positive on the size of the baby. They may get most, but there are always those that tend to mess with the system. And as for developmentally behind, it is WAY too soon to worry about that. Take things one step at a time. The more you worry the more stress you put yourself under. Things will work out the way they are supposed to.
    If you are still concerned about it, call your doctor's office and ask. Or ask at your next appointment. Either way, do something to take your mind off of it. Remind yourself that it is all going to work out.
    PhoenixFire

Answer by PhoenixFire at 1:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I always measured small, I even had to have extra ultrasounds to monitor him.... At 36 weeks I was measuring more like 33, he was born at 42 weeks a happy and healthy 7lbs 9 oz
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• you could have ovulated later than usual, the measurement could be off, you might just have a small baby this time around. there are so many things it could be, I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. at your next dr appt the doc will go over it with you and let you know if there is anything to be concerned about.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Well DD measured head a week ahead, body right at, and legs a week behind. Ultrasounds can be pretty vague when it comes to growth. If the doctor is concerned, they will discuss it with you at your next appointment. At most, you'll get extra ultrasounds to monitor growth.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 3:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010