Oh no!

Yesterday, I went to the gas station to get a couple of things, and my husband was left home with our son, who is 8 months. When I got back (I was only gone for about 6 min) our son was in his walker holding his bottle. My husband told me that he had fallen. I was thinking he fell when trying to get onto the floor from our couch. Nope! He said he flipped over our foot board onto the floor (we have no carpet)! I was so mad at him! My husband thought our son was really hurt. The thing is, whenever our son goes towards our foot board, I get up and stand in front of him so we wont fall.What the hell was my husband doing?! He has to watch him! So, my question is this, ever since he fell he's been tired a lot more. Like last night, he went to bed at 730pm, and woke up this morning at 812am! He has never slept that long before. He's down for his nap (1145) and still asleep. Is this normal, or should I call the ped.? Thanks Ladies!

happy2beme09

Asked by happy2beme09 at 1:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Since you are concerned, call the doctor. Babies are pretty resilient. Check that his pupils (in the eye) are the same size.

Answer by Bmat at 1:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Did he hit his head? Is there a bump or a bruise? If you have concerns, CALL YOUR PEDIATRICIAN and quit ragging on your husband...I'm sure he feels bad enough. We all have had our moments when we weren't able to watch the kids 100% of the time.
    Anonymous

• Ditto Anon 1:46
    AllAboutKeeley

Answer by AllAboutKeeley at 1:48 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Accidents happen.At least YOUR husband was sad about it.Some husbands dont even care :/
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 1:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I do want to thank everyone who answered, and for the record, im not ragging on my husband, i know he already feels bad about what happened.
    happy2beme09

Answer by happy2beme09 at 1:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2010