Does anyone else find scrapbooking to be a waste of time?

I just really don't see the point. I get that some people really like it and get into it. And it's cute. But I'd just rather put all of my pictures in a photo album lol. Its just so expensive! My MIL is huge into scrap booking. She gave me an album the other day and I was just like wow... Theres one picture per page with a bunch of crap all over it, and she cut up all the pictures! I'm sure I'll get some snotty replies.. But I just don't get the point of it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• lol i agree! i have scrapbooking stuff but usually i just make it into a photo album with the pretty paper as the background. i guess scrapbooking is ok if you want to include a story about the picture, but most of the ones i have seen are pretty but kind of useless bc the captions just say stuff like 'cutie' or 'cool dude' or something like that.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:14 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• No I find it enjoyable and a great way for me to relax, I personally do not find it expensive either but that is just me :)

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yeah but to each their own
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I agree with you. I just buy the album and slap the pictures in there, maybe put a caption. Many people make awesome pages of scrap booking, but it's not for me.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yeah, I'm lucky if I even get the pictures into an album, let alone actually "scrapbooked". I feel like a party pooper but I have absolutely no desire. If I could just give someone all my pictures and get back great albums that would be wonderful, but if I have to do it all myself I say no thanks! For those that enjoy it, though, more power to 'em.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 3:11 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Most hobbies are useless.. but they bring joy to the person doing it.. that is what scrapbooking is. Its a hobby, but its also family history & self discovery.
    By making a scrapbook of my dd (shes 3) I can look back on her 1st year & remember the details I have already forgotten that where very special. My friends/family that are unable to see her grow can flip through those books in a few minutes & see the details they missed.
    Alot of scrappers make a "book of me" .. its great to reflect on yourself after a few years & its also cool your kids have that too read. Alot of kids dont know their parents fav. colors, movie, quotes, and small tidbits that only become important once a person is gone..
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 3:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I do scrapbooking to make the time go by, and i plan on giving them to my kids when they are older. I also do photo albums for the photos that dont make it to the scrapbook, or just the ones that I cut up but want something with the full photo as well. It can get expensive, so i have to control myself. lol But I love it
    angeleyes0306

Answer by angeleyes0306 at 3:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• MommaTasha1003 I did a book like you described for my girls last year when they told me I had thyroid cancer, that way if something were to happen my girls would know my favorite color, music etc. just some little tidbits in case I were to pass and maybe their dad would not remember for whatever reason.

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 3:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I do scrapbooking, and its expensive, and so are most other hobbies. But scrapbooking photos is a hobby that you can pass down to family, and you can be very creative with it. I have 5 grandkids and 2 kids, and i do pages with cartoons and stuff that they are into, their favorites. I do holiday pages and birthday pages, and even tho it is time comsuming, it is not a waste of time. I have about 12 3" thick notebooks full of scrapbook pages, and i have probably spent about $1000. on making htem, but its worth every penny.
    Honda309

Answer by Honda309 at 4:18 PM on Apr. 8, 2010