• In the Spotlight:

why is this

i had my son potty trained at 9 months he was always peein and pooping in the toilet and then me and his father split up and he got lazy and now my son does not even wanna sit on the potty he goes in his diaper and ignores the potty and reason for this how can i get him to wanna potty in his potty i sit on mine and put him on his and it dont work as well he is now 20 months...

betosmommy

Asked by betosmommy at 2:16 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• how did you have a child potty trained that did not even have the ability to speak or get himself onto a toilet?!
    Anonymous

• i put him on the toilet everytime i went he went everytime he never wet his diaper never he hatted being in a wet diaper let alone a dirty diaper...between 9-16 months he never wore diapers and now i have too bye them and i cant afford this so im tryin too get him potty trained again i hate his father for this
    betosmommy

Answer by betosmommy at 2:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Lazy? He's too young. Wait a few months and then try again. I waited until mine were 3. He's not even 2. Could he walk at 9 months? How was he potty trained? That's ridiculous. What is the rush?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• well first of all if there is a major change then it's normal for kids to regress for awhile. secondly, if he was fully potty trained then he would not be wearing a diaper anymore. diapers don't help potty training. i would just start over again, but imo he is young to be truly potty trained. if you have to be the one telling him to go sit on the potty then he's not trained. they are trained when they realize they have to go potty and then run to the potty and go. but anyway gl and like i said, it's normal for kids to regress when there's a big change in their life
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My mum had both my sister and I potty trained by 9 months as well. By doing the same thing.

Stay consistent at your home and ask your ex to do the same. Explain to him that your child being potty trained earlier will save money in the long run because of the cost of diapers.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Potty trainers tend to revert from time to time.Its normal and it happens. Just keep doingwhat you have been doing,he'll go on the potty again! Great job mama!
    Anonymous

• MOst parenting books say that attempting to potty train a child before the age of 2 is a waste of time. Because it just becomes frustrating to them. 9 months. That is rediculous. They say a child is not ready to even start potty training until they can tell you that they have to go, or right after they go. Why are you trying to force your poor baby to grow up so fast?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:01 AM on Apr. 9, 2010