My daughter has a habit that I don't like and I want to know how to make her stop.

My two year daughter hates when her lips are chapped and she started peeling at the loose skin. We started putting on chapstick to help with the chapped lip problem but now it's a habit. She does it ALL the time. It's not even a bored or nervous thing, she does it whenever. Her lips bleed all the time. Do any of you have any ideas on how I can get her to stop? It's a horrible habit!

babygirlayla

Asked by babygirlayla at 2:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• no, rahrahsmama..... my 2yo does the same thing. if they're dry or not.... i tried vasoline too it didn't work. i just tell him to stop picking his lips when i see him doing it and he's getting better slowly.... he's still doing it when i'm not around though so i am interested in hearing more replies on this.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• try vasoline so they can stop being so dry. if they're not dry then she can't pick em.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 2:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• ouch.. just if you see her do it tell her no, tell her if she stops you'll allow her to use lip "stick" really you can give her lip gloss & call it lip stick..also try beeswax chap stick
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• princess beth. i'm not into arguing over the internet. but the woman asked a question and i gave her my opinion. it really had nothing to do with you. people should keep that in mind sometimes on this site.
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 2:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2010