Think I am going to be sick... freaking out and don't know what to do, or how to calm down. I'm pregnant.

I literally just found out I was pregnant and where's the first place I run? Cafemom.

I haven't been feeling very good for a few weeks now, but just thought I had the flu. I have an IUD, have had it since my DD was born, she'll be two in May. I don't know how far along I am but I'm really freaked out it.

I work full time and I go to school full time. I just was accepted into a Radiology program (which starts in June and goes for two full years) and it isn't like I can just take time off from school. We wanted to have another baby, but we are broke right now and really can't afford to. I don't know how I am going to have another baby right now. I just wanted to get done with school so I didn't have to work as much and I could spend more time with my DD.

I really just need some advice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Pregnancy

• o hun since you have an iud you need to talk to your ob right away! i don't want to sound mean but you may lose the baby from the iud..... go to your dr. asap
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 2:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• If it were me I would abort. I am married with a 1 year old. I plan on going to law school, my husband is in a doctorate program. I have absolutely no desire to have another. I am pro-choice, of course and not religious.
    Anonymous

• First things first. Breathe.

I know it sucks because you made plans but it isn't the end of the world to put school off for a little while.
    Is there a way to do any correspondence? Even upgrading or some basic courses to keep your brain focused on school and your goal but not so much that you feel completely overwhelmed?

Were you scared as hell the first time you got pregnant? I sure was.
    Look how awesome that turned out.
    The second baby is scary too. I was worried about how my son would feel not being the only child, I worried about putting off my own goals for longer to raise another child, I worried bout money, I worried about everything.
    My daughter is almost 8 months old and she was worth every little bit of worry and every sacrifice I made for myself to have her.

Everything will be ok.
    :)
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• go to your OB ASAP

getting pregnant with an IUD is dangerous, the have to remove the IUD which can result in miscarriage
    peanutsmommy1

Answer by peanutsmommy1 at 2:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I would call my ob first. I think that if you get pregnant with an IUD you run a risk of an ectopic pregnancy. they would probably be willing to see you right away (and it never hurts to freak out when you call to make sure of it). see what he has to say, if the baby is even viable, and then you can worry about what options you have. I know its scary but hang in there until you see your ob
    mrs_pulley

Answer by mrs_pulley at 2:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i got pregnant when my son was only 4 months old. i was in school, had no job. couldnt afford and just couldnt handle it. i need to finish school before i have another baby, so i had an abortion.
    the choice is yours.
    whatever you do, just dont give it up for adoption please.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 2:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• For sure you need to call your dr, and see what they want to do with your IUD. I was pregnant with my first while finishing school and there are lots of programs out there to help with everything form medical and food to childcare, take and use it, you already pay for it and that is why it is there. I don't know if you are atall religious but it seems like since you were doing things to prevent this pregnancy that it was ment to be and most people I know who have had these surprises say it was the most stressful but also the most wonderful experience.......just make sure you let your doctor know so they can deciede what to do with the IUD
    phunkjivechic

Answer by phunkjivechic at 3:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• there are lots of options INCLUDING adoptions, I know how many people are trying to have kids and would be wonderful parents but aren't able, you have to do what is best for you and for family and the baby.
    phunkjivechic

Answer by phunkjivechic at 3:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2010