How do you feel about cats roaming the neighborhood?

I'm talking about pets not strays.

Personally it drives me crazy and I find it incredibly rude. I don't let my dog poop in your yard why is it okay for your cat to do that? Not to mention the damage they've caused to my garden.

Just curious if anyone else finds this rude.

Sara.Robyson

Asked by Sara.Robyson at 2:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Drives me nuts one summer a cat shit in my Garden.

Ugh I HATE ANIMALS and I will squirt your pet with water if it comes in my yard
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I trap them and take them to the Humane Society, whether they are pets or not. That way at least the owners are given the option to have them spayed and neutered for a very minimal fee. I have a vegetable garden and it really makes me mad when I go to get a tomato and I smell the cat smell.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 2:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I don't find it rude, but I think it's unsafe for the cats to allow them to roam a neighborhood. They may get hit by a car. And, in our neighborhood, coyotes may kill them. Cats cause much less mess and damage than the birds trying to build a nest on my porch or the rabbits that get into my garden.
    andrea96

Answer by andrea96 at 2:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Wow RUDE! Trap them? It's not your pet, CATS don't listen! People are allowed outside cats!
    Anonymous

• OOh, I just hate it when people let their animals roam. I will also turn the hose on the animal to get it away. I don't like animals, except the kind we eat. Also, my kids are allergic to cats and dogs (fun, huh?) and I will keep them away, whatever it takes.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• It's not rude to have an outdoor cat. They rarely, very rarely go to the bathroom in peoples yard.

You can do a few things around your fence line to prevent strays and pets/cats from going into your yard. Google keeping cats/strays our of my yard.

I can see your frustration though. That would be annoying having an animal that has made your yard a second home.
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Dogs, I am afraid of roaming. Cats? Its really not a big deal to me. We live in the country and its common to see. We have field mice and such and I'd rather have cats around to catch them then the mice! lol
    We have an indoor/outdoor cat. And we have a barn cat.
    When we lived in the city, I'd see stray cats, I feel more sorry for them in that case because theres more chance of them getting hit by a car or caught by some kids to torture them.But they are animals, they love to be outside.
    Anonymous

• if dogs arnt allowed off leashes and to roam by themselves then i think that cats cant either
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Very rarely do cats go in others yards? Not true! I have 2 dogs and the cats still come into my fenced in yard.

I think the people that let their cats roam would be mad at me if my dog was roaming around and hurt their cat.

Would it be okay to take a dog to the pound if it was roaming around? Why is it wrong to take the cat there?
    Anonymous

• It's the cat's owner's responsibility to keep their cat out of your yard. I could go outside and probably find a dozen piles of cat poop in my yard. It's getting old for me and I feel your pain, OP.

Maybe find out who the owner is and put their cat's poop in their yard. lol
    Anonymous