Do you know a man who does not like being circumcised, or one that wishes he was?

My boyfriend in high school wasn't circumcised and he was very embarrassed about it. So when i had my son, I wanted him to be. My mother argued with me, saying that it was unnecessary and she didn't circumcise my brother. My dad wasn't circumcised either until he made the decision at 45 to do it. I hear other women say that its unnatural, and a form of mutilation, but i think men here in America prefer it. What do you think?

Christina2135

Asked by Christina2135 at 2:30 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes, I would agree. I have known around 5 grown men who got circumcised b/c they were very ashamed of not being. One was 57! Another was 18 and got mercilessly teased at school. My husband says that men who are not circumcised have big complexes about it. I will def. do it if I ever have a son.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My brother was not and had alot of insecurities because of it, specially growing into his adulthood. I mean you are going to get many opinions about it, when it comes down to it I think it's a personal choice and it's based on what you believe in. I have 3 boys and all 3 were circumcised. I can tell you my 9 moth old was the hardest I have been through, if I wasn't with my hubby I probably would of thought twice about doing it at that moment but I pretty much let my husband be the decision maker on that one.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 2:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I've never met a man that didn't like being circumcised, but I've known quite a few that wish they were.
    mommaplaysbass

Answer by mommaplaysbass at 2:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My DH and DS are and I have never heard either of them complain. I also have never found DH on the Internet looking at pictures of uncircumcised penises, wishing he was not.. For the most part, I think it is mothers that are so against it unless dad was not circumcised then he may not want his child to be either..
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I have personally never met an uncircumcised man who wish he was.

I agree with your mom that it's unnecessary. I didn't have my son circumcised.
    I honestly don't know why anyone would be ashamed of still having their foreskin. I've never thought any less of any man who is uncircumcised.

Maybe things are different where I live but I haven't experienced any guys having complexes about their foreskin.

If my son wants a circumcision when he's older then I will support him, but I'm not going to make that decision for him. I couldn't put him through unnecessary pain for cosmetic reasons.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My SO is not, but isn't "embarrased" by it. He has made it clear though if our next baby is a boy he definitely wants to get it done.. he thinks having it done will make it easier to stay clean, etc. all of the things the doc tells you about it.
    Anonymous

• I know that my dad had problems with not being circumsized and had to do it later in life...and believe me, he wishes his parents had it done when he was a baby.
    Anonymous

• The only man I have ever known who was not circumsized was English, so it was to be expected.

So far, I only have a daughter, but my husband and I have often discussed the "to cut or not to cut" issue. We both agree that the idea of circumsision does seem odd and unnatural. However, there are two things that make us hesitant to leave any future son(s) "intact". The first is that no one in our two families (my husband included) are uncircumsized. We feel this would present an issue because (a) my husband would not know how to teach a son how to clean and care for himself in that area, and (b) a son would feel out of place amongst his own male relatives. The second reason is that, put simply, people are cruel. Males in locker rooms and uncomfortable girls he may find himself with would undoubtedly make him feel uncomfortable.
    KarmicChild

Answer by KarmicChild at 2:49 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

^ THIS......
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 2:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My husband had his done at 34 due to a tight foreskin. It made sex painful for him.I didn't like it uncut and liked it alot better after he was done.Our son is uncut because we figured its up to him what happens with his own organ.
    Anonymous