Renting

Anyone know how hard it is to rent after a bankruptcy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I think it depends where. Complexes and big apartments tend to have strict rules about credit, but most houses are rented by the owners. If you have proof of a decent income I don't think they care.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I can speak from my expirience in being a rental manager (of only a few residential units.) We will rent to someone that's had a bankruptsy as long as they have a steady job and are able to make payments. I know when my husband and I got our first apt, he had to clear up some debt from the past, before we could rent from a place in our town (it's a bigger rental agency).
    Anonymous

• A friend of ours' home was ust foreclosed on, and they were able to rent with a security deposit. I think there are a lot of vacant homes around here though so owners are very desperate to get people in there.
    Christina2135

Answer by Christina2135 at 2:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• my husband and I had no issues at all. We went through BK about 5 years ago though. We foreclosed about a year ago and had no issues being able to rent.
    Anonymous

• my moms going through bankruptcy right now-her house got foreclosed on and she just bought another house the bank even loaned her the money - and espically now that the economy is desperate for any cash flow i dont think it would be a problem as long as you pay :)
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 3:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Thanks everyone. I was so worried it'd keep me from moving out of my inlaws...and i need to move lol.
    Anonymous