Anyone elses' DH/SO not want to be a dad?!

Not literally, but he just doens't help, like ever.
Today is a great example. We both worked today 8-5 but he got off early (12:30). My daughter's day care runs on either full time or part time, if the kid is there full time (5+ hours a day) it is $25/day. If the kid is there less than 5 hours a day, it is $10-20/day depending on how long the kids is there. Anyhow, she had already been there for 5 hours when he got off work, so I asked him if he would go pick her up before he went home and he told me, "She's already been there for full time today, why don't you just go get her when you get off?" Granted it is a little futher out of the way for him to pick her up, but SERIOUSLY? You would rather leave your kid at day care than spend time with her for the day?

How the hell do I just "put up" with this crap? I have NEVER left my child at day care if I haven't been at work. Ever.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• I kind of see where he is coming from, only because you aren't saving any money by picking her up and he probably doesn't get much time to be home alone and do his own thing. I usually don't have to work Fridays but once when I did I dropped my daughter at daycare, got done with work early and took the afternoon to myself before picking her up. I felt a little guilty, but I also realized that the amount of time I am actually alone without a kid underfoot or the DH around is almost non-existent and it was nice to have that little break. So I say cut him some slack if this is just a one time incident, maybe he just wanted a little time to himself which is understandable. Of course, if he is not involved otherwise that is a different story, but this one event doesn't say to me that he doesn't want to be a dad.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 2:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Noooo he loves kids. He wants 2 more babies and were expecting our 3rd
    khf22

Answer by khf22 at 2:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I would say ok and go pick her up after work.
    However...I would expect the house to be clean and dinner to be ready when I walked in the door if he had all of that free time to himself.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I have left my kids in daycare so I could get things done or just have some time to myself. You two do things differently doesn't mean your right and he is wrong just different.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 23, 2013