Do you think 'new adults' these days are reluctant to grow up?

I see it with all my friends. They are 27-35, still living at home, travelling and spending all of their money with no concern about where they will live when they get back, refusing to get jobs and just living off their parents. Is this the way it's always been?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• It's very sad. I am trying to teach my kids to be independent. We'll see if it works in 8-13 years.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I don't have any friends who still live at home... well... one, but he has some seriously life threatening medical problems- and another who pays her parents mortgage, and moved back in to help out... most of my friends are in their late 20's 30's... I think it depends on what crowd you run with.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 2:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• When I was younger,if you were still at home at 21,you were a complete loser! Its scary how young people these days have no drive to grow up and start their own lives away from their parents.
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 3:10 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Why should they. The government just made them "children" until they are 26 years old. Why grow up and move out on your own being responsible for your decisions and life? I got married when I was 20. That was 30 years ago. My parents made it clear that I had to swim or sink. It was my choice and my consequences. They didn't pay my bills, come clean my house, cook andy meals (unless there was an illness with me), or be responsible for my children. That was for my husband and myself to do. Because there was no safety net back home, we did what we needed to. Sometimes we did well, sometimes we screwed up, but we always survivied. My kids have been told the same thing.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 3:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• We were taught you moved out and thats how it is my kids will move out and we were also taught living at home with mommy and daddy past the age of twenty made you a loser!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:42 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• i wouldn't say that its the "new" adults. i'd say its the hippie generation and gets worse from there. my parents still aren't grown up. they party like teenagers, fight like teenagers, LIE like teenagers. ugh. they're grandparents. it makes me sick that my husband and i are more mature than people in their late 40's.
    Anonymous