Is Obama a phony?:)

He threw lefty and missed the plate, which wasn't surprising. What was surprising is what happened after he joined announcer Rob Dibble in the booth for some happy talk.

Dibble commented on Obama's hat — a nicely faded black Sox cap — which the president proudly wore on the mound reminding all of us once again of the heroic team from Chicago that has actually won a World Series in the past 100 years.

Dibble asked the fateful question, one so easy that Hawk Harrelson would have called it a "can of corn."

Dibble: "Who was one of your favorite White Sox players growing up?"

Obama: "You know … uh … I thought that … you know … the truth is, that a lot of the Cubs I liked too."

Ouch. The silence between the stammers was excruciating. America's No. 1 Sox fan couldn't name one Sox player.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/columnists/ct-met-kass-0407-20100407,0,3653892,full.column

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• NO!!!!!!!

I LOVE Obama!
    Anonymous

• ehhh ... hard for me to get exercised over a casual sports moment.

waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• People do politics like they do sports. If it's not your team you don't like them no matter how good they are.

I'm all for OBAMA :D
    Skepticchick

Answer by Skepticchick at 2:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I like my home team but I'd be hard pressed to give you name of any of them and I hear them all the time LOL!
    Anonymous

• let me be the first to say i DO THINK he is a fake--faker/liar all around
    Anonymous

• He's a liar for other reasons.... Baseball could be more of his phony-fluff...
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 2:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yeah, but since I couldn't name any but a few famous ball players, and then, only their names, I can't hold that against him too much. But I think that if I were going to throw the opening pitch, I would at least learn the names of the team I was "playing" for. So, maybe I do hold it against him.....a little.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:54 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Answers are unsurprising. And Obama's stumble...also unsurprising. I'm a Red Sox "fan" as in I prefer to see them winning than just about anybody else. But I haven't a CLUE as to who's in the current lineup. The only Red Sox name I can think of as I type this..without having to google...is one I can't spell.....Yazstremski, I think?

Answer by gdiamante at 2:55 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• They are ALL liars people! Stop the Obama hatin' and go find yourself a hobby . . .
    Anonymous

• He''s not a phony, he's real, a REAL a**hole!
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 3:15 PM on Apr. 8, 2010