NJ dad defends 3 accused of raping daughter, 7.

TRENTON, N.J. (AP) - The father of a girl police say was gang-raped at a party by at least five men is defending three of them, saying they tried to get his daughter out of the apartment where she was attacked but were stymied by others who held them at gunpoint.

"These three had nothing to do with nothing; I don't know why they locked them up," the father said of Gregory Leary, 20; Timear Lewis, 19; and a 17-year-old whom authorities have not identified because of his age.

"My daughter said these guys were trying to help her," the father said.

In all, five men and boys have been arrested on suspicion of raping the girl. The other suspects are ages 13 and 14.

Leary's lawyer suggested Thursday in court that the child had been pressured to make up the story.

[continued below]

29again

Asked by 29again at 2:43 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I have a lot of thoughts on the matter.

First, what sort of dude can get it up with a gun to his head while looking at a 7 YEAR OLD GIRL? If you can get it up for a 7 year old girl, you have problems and need to be locked up away from the general population.

Secondly, even if it were 'consentual', she is 7 and cannot consent to sex. The father is horrible for even standing up for anyone other than his daughter. I suppose she got a clear look at who isn't her advocate.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:38 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• [cont]
    "She was not raped, was not gang-raped," Robin Lord said. "I'm 100 percent certain that the 7-year-old was not sexually assaulted. The allegations will not be substantiated by any forensic evidence."

Lord said the girl's memory is "forever tainted" because of the fact that she's been given toys, gifts and money.

The child was treated at a hospital, and police say there is DNA evidence of the crime. Police have said they expect additional arrests.

The girl's father said he still believes his daughter was raped by "a lot" of men, just not the three he said helped her.

"If you had a gun pointed to your head, you wouldn't be able to do nothing, either," the father said.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9EV1GQ81&show_article=1

I find this somewhat unbelievable....and that lawyer!! He needs to go back to chasing ambulances, I can't believe he would say that this poor child was not
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:45 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• (I got cut off!!) I cannot believe that lawyer would say that the little girl was not raped!! Your thoughts, please....
    29again

Answer by 29again at 2:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• That lawyer needs a swift kick in his ass! What a bastard. I don't know what to think. Does the father have a known history with these 3? How old is the father? What did the little girl tell police? I mean there are way too many questions before I could even guess what the fudge is going on with this.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 3:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010