To much change?

We are and have been working on potty training our almost 2 year old son, we are letting him set the pace with all that tho...But we are fixing up another room for his big boy room which he will move into. And in may we are adding a new baby into the mix. Plus I am trying new disipline with him....So as of right now he is getting new disipline and potty training, do you all think we should wait until after he has adjusted to having the new baby in the house beofre moving forward with the new room...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I was in the exact same boat a year ago. Potty training my 2 year old son, pregnant and getting him a new big boy room.

He LOVED his new bed and other furniture. H e would take everyone who stepped foot into our house to his room to show it off.
    It was special just for him and he was proud of it.
    We told him he was getting a big boy room because he was going to be a big brother and big brothers are special.

We're still working on potty training. He's getting more and more interested in it as time goes on. I'm the same way with letting him set the pace.

I think you should go ahead with the new room. New baby, potty training and new discipline are things happening to and around him. A new room is FOR him.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 2:56 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I would do the new room before the baby comes. After that, it might be too much stuff going on.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Do you need the old room and crib for the baby? IF you do, it's better to transition him to the new space BEFORE baby arrives and as soon before as you can so he doesn't associate the change with being "displaced" by his new sibling.

That said, how much you change at once is highly dependent on adaptable your child is to begin with. Some kids go with the flow and can handle quite a bit of 'new' at one time. Others are very stressed over changes and do best when you focus on one major change at a time. The only one that really knows if it's best to wait or not is you and DH.
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 3:35 PM on Apr. 8, 2010