Does Arthritis cause extreme fatigue?

I have Arthritis in my feet and in all my joints. From my knees through the legs and esspecially the feet are in constant pain.
I have extreme tiredness. Doing something simple will wipe me out.
Is this normal?
What can I do to increase energy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Health

• It depends whether you have osteo or rheumatoid arthritis. Rheumatoid is an auto immune disease & fatigue is one of its main symptoms.

ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 3:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I have RA......so the fact that I'm seriously fatigued is normal....okay so will it get worse with age?
    I just feel guilty for feeling so tired and lazy at 40
    (this is the op)
    Anonymous

• Yes it most certainly is normal. You could possibly have chronic fatigue syndrome from arthritis........I know I have it and more. It does get worse with age. I've never heard of a cure for it yet and I'm 67. Hang in there hon......God Bless

zbee

Answer by zbee at 5:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• VERY normal! I have rheumatoid arthritis. Suffered from it ever since I was 7. Make sure you are getting adequate amount of magnesium and vitamin d. It does, unfortunately, get harder the more the disease progresses.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 8:00 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Arthritis is defined as an inflammation of one or more joints. However there are about a hundred types of arthritis. Its best that you have this consulted with a doctor. pinnacle metal toxicity

pinnaclelawsuit

Answer by pinnaclelawsuit at 11:54 AM on Mar. 2, 2012