Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What should we do legally...

My brother has a daughter who is a little less than 3 months. The mother is beyond trashy. She cheated on my brother right before she gave birth ( we are sure he is the dad though). My brother is a great dad or atleast tries to be, he wanted them to be a family more than anything..he went and bought them a house..well after she cheated and left him for the other guy ( who ended up leaving her) . My brother continues to pay for the house, all the utlilites, diapers and food every week, and then every bit of extra money he buys her clothes or toys , so now he is living with us ( not a problem). She wont let him see his daughter for more than 10 minutes, and calls screaming at him that she needs more money ( she doesnt work at all) . He has filed papers to take her to court to get full custody ( he cant get into court for almost 4 months) ..and now that she knows he is doing that she wont let him see her at all * continued*

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 3:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

Answers (11)
  • Yeah...cheating on your brother right before she gives birth wont change the paternity...

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:26 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • unless he is dropping off money. She has had several parties late into the night ( even all night) and the police where called more than 5 times ( that we know of) for the noise. She has posted literally hundreds of party pics on myspace and you can even see the baby in the bouncy seat with drunk people all around her in several of them. She drinks and has several DUIs ( not even suppose to be driving now, but she does) Hse has threatned in emails that she will take his daughter and run away to another state so he will never see her again if he doesnt continue to pay .... I see my brother who was normally a very hard working, smart, strong man, cry almost every day because he is worried about his daughter...he wants to just go get her and bring her here...but is afraid she will call the cops and it will amke things worse for him in court....

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • of course I know cheating while pregnant wont change the paternity.... but I am sure it wasnt the first time she cheated ( she could have easily cheated WHEN she got pregnant-- which was a question until she had the baby ( she looks identical to my brother)

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • See, this is why you don't just have sex even when you think you are "in love" if you aren't married.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:31 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • yeah they totally should have gotten married and then he would have been even more stuck with her....makes compelte sense * rolls eyes*

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • I'm sorry your brother is going through this.... If I were him I would call CPS on her

    Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:50 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • If you dont call cps on her then all you can do is wait the 4 months

    Answer by hisblueeyes at 4:21 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • if we call cps..and then they say they didnt find anything ( which around here as long as they dont walk in on you strangling you kids, you A-ok) .....can that "count" against him..

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • You could call CPS if you think that would help. Other than that or waiting for your court date, I don't really know if there is anything else. Since they weren't married, there's no custody agreement (if they had been married, custody would be 50/50 unless they had made different arrangments or the court ruled otherwise). Really all he can do is sue for partial custody or visitation rights.

    Answer by srhmldndo at 4:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

  • he is going for full custody

    Answer by Anonymous at 4:39 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.