when did your son start playin with his self ?

I think my hubby walked into 8yr old sons room while he was playing with him self ? didnt see him do so but son jumped covering his self up and said you scared me dad...
I beleive it was his first time doing so, if thats what he was doing ?
but also wondering if he is doing it before common age to do so?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Tweens (9-12)

• I have a 4 yr old and 9 yr old and they both have played with themselves. My 9 yr old has done it a lot more recent with jumping when you walk in his room (started in the last yr). The doctor told me that the average age for a male to play with themselves is normally around 6 yrs old which isn't much of a shocker, to be honest. My 9 yr old plays with it but it's more of an innocent thing and he is far from trying to hide it, lol. I think it's just their way of figuring out their bodies and what it can do. Nothing to be worried about though. Good luck.
    Anonymous

• Considering I was masturbating at 3 or 4 and my son acts like he has never thought about it at 14, He is on his own track. LOL
    Anonymous

• lol, this is perfectly normal behavior for his age....Heck, my son started when he was 2!
    Anonymous

• my son touches himself every chance he gets... he's 10 months lol
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• thank you for your answers , i didnt mean just touching it in general he's done that since a baby .... i meant playing with it as
    ( masturbating ) eeewwwwwwww dont wanna think of my lil boy doing such a thing but not worried b/c i understand its normal for a young boy to learn it feels good again eeewwwwwwwww.......... my lil boy is growing up and will be a man someday : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Apr. 9, 2010

• I started at 5. Masturbation is normal, natural and feels good. I don't know when my son started but he was going full speed ahead by age 12
    Anonymous

• Once they discover their penis, the fascination never ends!!!!! totally normal for your sons age.

Answer by older at 5:22 PM on Apr. 10, 2010

• OMG I know it's normal but I don't know what I am going to do when my son starts this...announce my arrival when I am coming down the hall maybe!!
    Anonymous

• since the womb
    pisces_chick89

Answer by pisces_chick89 at 12:09 AM on Apr. 18, 2010