I feel bad, but was it wrong?

I've been seeing this guy for almost two months, and he began to get really controlling and jealous, didn't want me seeing my friends and the little things just added up. He was good to me in some ways but I could not take the jealousy. So last night he gets mad because I went to tan and go walking with a friend of mine, female, and I decided I had enough. I'm not good with confrontation, never have been and anytime I try to talk to him about something that's bothering me he gets mad and hangs up on me! So I wrote him a very detailed email, I didn't break up with him, just tried to explain why I feel the way I do about things and told him I still wanted us to date, just take things slower, well he goes off on me telling me how awful I am to "break up " with him over email! I didn't break up with him, I just want to slow things down. Now I feel bad!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• dont feel bad, you didnt do anything wrong. men can be very manipulative. just tell him, you didnt break up with him, but if he wants to use it as an out he can. then leave the choice up to him. i just dont think its a very good idea to stay in a relationship like that, sorry hun.
    Anonymous

• It seems like he's making you feel guilty for taking care of yourself, and that's a BAD SIGN! Red Flags are going up in my mind that you guys have only been together for two months and all these problems are arising! I'd get far away from him.
    sandypops

Answer by sandypops at 3:32 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• girl get away from him please
    Anonymous

• It is best if he thought you broke up with him.

Answer by louise2 at 3:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• You need to break up with him if he is like this at 2 months just imagine what it will be like at 2 years
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 3:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Don't feel bad. What kind of relationship will it turn out to be if you can't even tell him how you feel? I just finished reading "The Guardian" by Nicholas Sparks, and you situation reminds me of the beginning of the book. Julie starts seeing this guy who treats her like a queen, but he's kind of controlling and she just doesn't see a future with him, so she breaks up with him. The rest of the book is him stalking her and completely scaringn the crap outta her. I'm not saying that your boyfriend is going to turn out to be a crazed stalker, but if he couldn't take a little criticism, you might want to be careful.
    AirForceWife14

Answer by AirForceWife14 at 3:34 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• You really should break up with him... He sounds like bad news. If he behaves this badly after only 2 months imagine how bad it will be once you add years behind the number...
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 3:36 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Run far, run fast.
    MeandMyBabes

Answer by MeandMyBabes at 3:37 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Yeah.....don't date that guy.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• BREAK UP WITH HIM! I wasted 9 years in a marriage to a guy like that, don't do it!
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 3:53 PM on Apr. 8, 2010