question about swim diapers (cloth)

if you use cloth swim diapers, which ones are best? I'd have to order them online. My son is about to turn 2 and not potty trained yet so i thought I'd give these a try and I'm not a fan of the little swimmers diapers since they are so bulky and expensive, not to mention a one-time use....

Owl_Feather

Asked by Owl_Feather at 3:41 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in General Parenting

• The disposable swim diapers are not bulky at all. They are very thin. I would think cloth would be heavy and saggy. They do get pricey though. I would bring them to the beach in the regular diaper, then change them into the swim one right before going in the water. They work well.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I'm all about RRR. and hate having to contribute to 500yrs worth of trash! We use ...finis. bought 'em at the store at the pool. not bulky at all. they look like speedo's on him. so cute!
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:51 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• First off the disposable ones are not bulky at all and I reused them as long as the kids didn't poop in them. I just let them hang to dry. I did have some cloth ones too from One Step Ahead but I can't remember the brand. They were simply a mesh liner with PUL on the outside. They are meant for catching poop only and were not bulky at all either. Target also sells them for the little ones, but not sure about 2 years old.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 3:58 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I can't remember the name..sorry, but, I had both and I LOVED the material ones way better. I gave away the others after one try. I did the same with pull-ups. One try and they had to go. The regular swim diapers are fine.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I bought mine at Target. I believe the brand is Wee Waves. They worked pretty good.
    flowrchild77

Answer by flowrchild77 at 5:27 PM on Apr. 8, 2010