I need your opinion...

I was in a situation recently and I would like to know what you think. I had to have my son at baseball practice(his dad is his coach) at 5 and my daughter had cheerleading clinicals(that is mandatory) at a different place at 5:30 the same day. Well while on my way to dropping my son off to his pracice, my car started acting up and not wanting to go...so I finally made it there and I told my ex husband that there was no way that I could take our daughter to her clinicals and take a chance of getting stranded on our way there....and I asked if his dad or someone could take her to her clinicals....he said his dad was at work and he didnt know of anyone that could take her. So he said just leave your car here and take mine (mind you that we now have to be there in like 15 mins and if shes late she gets points taken off) So I then called my boyfriend and told him what was going on and that I was going to take my ex's car to take .

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Relationships

• u wanna know if it's ok to do this so that it won't upset bf??

assuming that's the question...take the car. u need to get from pt A to pt B and ex is being generous. unless of course...ex is still interested in you OR bf is jealous of ex (which is dumb when there's nothing going on).

In a healthy relationship (with ex and bf) you should be able to do this without a problem.
    Vero0724

Answer by Vero0724 at 3:47 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• I agree with PP. If your wanting to know if this is ok. I think its great you guys can get along so well to help eachother out. My parents would never loan a vehicle to the other. And if BF is upset, than you tell him he needs to tell you what you could of done different.
    Anonymous

• ...her to her clinicals and asked him if he would please come and look at my car to see what was wrong with it, and that I would be home as soon as I she got done with her clinicals. My boyfriend said ok....so after getting everything done and I got home my boyfriend was severly mad at me b/c I took my ex husbands car. He said that I shouldnt have done that just to take her there...that he could understand if it was an emergency but not to just take her there, and that I should have called someone to come and pick us up to take her there. Do you think I was in the wrong for taking his car?
    Anonymous

• You were not wrong. Your boyfriend is being immature and insecure. You and the ex handled the situation perfectly.
    Anonymous

• Your kids come first.
    Borrowing your ex's car to get your child to an important event on time is not unreasonable.
    If your boyfriend would be upset about that then I'd probably reevaluate your relationship.

Having a good relationship with your ex is healthy and important for your kids.
    If the current boyfriend doesn't like it then he can go date someone without kids and exes.

It's not like borrowing a car is the same or even anywhere near cheating in any way.
    Laila-May

Answer by Laila-May at 3:52 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• If your bf has a problem with you borrowing a car he needs to grow up
    awelling

Answer by awelling at 3:57 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• He was a perfect gentleman and to bad for your BF stuff cannot be helped. Who would you have called?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 4:06 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• You just borrowed a car and it was for your kids, there's nothing wrong with that, you did what needed to be done to get your daughter to where she needed to be and it's kind of childish for him to be mad at you for that.
    heratyc

Answer by heratyc at 4:22 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• Your bf is a big baby
    Anonymous

• He is your boyfriend. Your BOYFRIEND. These are your KIDS. He needs to understand that, and grow up. He should be happy you have a good relationship with your ex, and not a shitty one. Now he needs to build a decent relationship with him if he wants to stay your boyfriend. You were doing what you needed to do for your daughter. You don't need to ask his permission, he is not your father.
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 8, 2010