how did your SO react to the birthing process?

my husband was just an image of calm to me.. until we got in the delivery room and they said it was already time to push lol... nurse:" ok i want u to go ahead and hold her leg" ..DH"uhh..uhm..ok..(iscreamed) ahhh! i'msorry!!" (it wasn't his fault) LOL!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:01 PM on Apr. 8, 2010 in Just for Fun

• He was the first one to hold baby, he even got to help "birth" her. And he cried.

He sucked DURING the process.. like sleeping on the couch in the hospital while I was in labor.. LOL But besides that. :-)
    Anonymous

• If it wasn't for my husband I would have been on my own!! Seriously, my older son was born at 4:55PM on a Friday...just before "happy hour!" The nurses and our midwife disappeared for about 25 minutes, and came back less than 5 minutes before my son was born!

Hubby cut the cord, and was my rock all throughout. He counted with me and encouraged me every step of the way. He was my "eyes and ears" making all important decisions on our behalf. He was the only person I wanted in the room with me--aside from the hospital staff, of course.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:23 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• mydh was great. he never left my side, until she was born, then he went to tell everyone. he cut the cord, he helped me nurse, go to the bathroom, everything. he was amazing :)
    mrsjosey1018200

Answer by mrsjosey1018200 at 4:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My hubby was wonderful during the whole thing. He kept telling me what a good job I was doing and kept a nice cool rag on my head the whole time. He also held onto my sucker and ice that they gave me. After each one of our kids were born though he did cry.
    Juggalette0327

Answer by Juggalette0327 at 4:28 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My ex-husband (we were married then, not now) slept the entire time I was in labor, and didn't help anything during the birthing process. He tried holding my hand but apparently I was hurting him. Then when they burst my waters, he kept describing to me how gross it looked, and how nasty it looked when the head was coming through. Yeah, I pretty much hated him during the whole labor/delivery process. :-|
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 4:33 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• With our son he was nervous, but kept it together. He was calm, kept his sense of humor, and was easy going. With our daughter he was less nervous, but still calm and collected. When it came time for me to push he held my leg and he watched them come out without any issues. He didn't want to cut the unbilical cord, but he did anyway with our son. Then with our daughter he opted out. I don't know if he was afraid it'd hurt them or what, but he just wasn't having it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 5:25 PM on Apr. 8, 2010

• My sister was my birthing partner for my daughter. She was awesome! She helped me breathe, calmed me down, and never left my side. But the poor thing had to leave the room soon after she was born, because the smell was making her nauseated.
    Amber211

Answer by Amber211 at 11:02 PM on Apr. 8, 2010